Colleagues we have some exciting developments with the installation of student card readers as shown below for all teaching rooms with a capacity of over 25. This will enable students to register their attendance using their student card including lectures.
When it is fully operational we will be able to:
- Display what is timetabled for that room
- Intervene when a student has not been attending
- Access data when rooms are used for extra curricula activities
- Use a portable card reader for activities not in rooms e.g Mitras House Canteen
- There will also be capacity for further marketing messages to be displayed.
Timeline for phased introduction
First teaching week until the end of first semester– please use the photoregisters as we did last year for each seminar you teach. This will enable the system to be fully tested before we use the data, and still have attendance data available and of course to get to know your students.
Photoregisters have been set-up a module level, please check your 2019 module. Seminar groups will be set-up once these have been formed.
It is hoped that the students will be able to use the card reader from the beginning of term to get them use to the system whilst it is being tested.
Please help us to make this be a success