Student Advice Service – Money Matters

News from the Student Advice Service at the University of Brighton

Do you wear glasses or need regular prescriptions?

Did you know that students are eligible to apply for reduced health costs from the NHS? You can get help with the cost of:

  • NHS dental treatment
  • Eye test, contact lenses and glasses
  • Prescriptions
  • Hospital travel

………..and more.

The NHS call this the Low Income Scheme and you apply on a form called the HC1.

There is set criteria, so we advise you to find out all the essential information before you apply so you can have any supporting evidence ready. You can also have a look at the readable version of the form to prepare for the questions.

We have some paper forms on campus but it might be easier to apply online

Some of you may be exempt from paying any charge if you receive certain DWP Benefits or you have a certain illness or disability.

The Student Advisers can try to answer any questions you have, but unfortunately we can’t tell you if you qualify or not. You can call us on 01273 642888, make an appointment to see an Adviser in person or over MS Teams or email us:

Student Advice Service


Helen Abrahams • October 19, 2022

Previous Post

Next Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published / Required fields are marked *

Skip to toolbar