Student Advice Service – Money Matters

News from the Student Advice Service at the University of Brighton

woman sitting at laptop

Important information about EU Settlement scheme for EEA nationals

Are you a national of the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein with Pre-Settled status in the UK? You should apply for Settled Status as soon as possible and here is why….

EU students – are you eligible for an Immigration Health Surcharge refund?

On 1st January  2022 the UK government introduced a scheme to refund some EU students the Immigration Health Surcharge that they paid as part of a visa application to come to the UK. You may qualify if: you’re in full-time higher education in the UK you have a visa that started on or after 1…

Continue Reading

EU flag on form

How to apply for student finance as a Migrant Worker

We encourage any student assessed as a migrant worker to talk to us within Student Advice Service if you are thinking about changing jobs or taking a break and to look at our Student Wellbeing services for further support.  You may have heard the term ‘migrant worker’, but what does it actually mean? Generally speaking…

Continue Reading

Skip to toolbar