Student Advice Service – Money Matters

News from the Student Advice Service at the University of Brighton

Register to vote DEADLINE TODAY

The deadline to register to vote is rapidly approaching – you have until 11.59pm this evening, Tuesday 18th June.

Blue and white logo saying Carers Week

Student Advice supports Carers Week 2024

We would like to encourage any student carers out there to come and talk to a Student Adviser about their financial situation.

Your vote matters – how to register to vote in the general election

A general election has been called and this takes place on Thursday 4th July 2024. There are some important dates and actions that you need to take in order to take part and have your say. For many students this will be the first time you’ll be voting in a general elections and despite the…

Continue Reading

Person standing in front of a wall with Its now time apply for student finance written on it

Continuing undergraduates can reapply for 24/25 funding now

Applications for funding for 24/25 are now OPEN. The quickest and easiest way to apply is online via the Student Finance portal, although you can also download an application form using the Student Finance form finder.

Image of mobile phone app logos

How to manage subscriptions like a pro – Money Week 2024

Advice and tips to help you control spending and stick to a budget by reducing your monthly subscription costs

group of people standing in a line smiling

Money and Mental Health – Money Week 2024

The relationship between money and mental health can be a complicated one. We know that money worries can have a significant impact on our mental so this blog offers some guidance about where to seek help and advice and to reassure you that support is available.

person using a mobile phone to send a text message

Protect yourselves from plausible scams

Scammers have been phoning students, pretending to be from the university’s Finance department, saying that a bank has been in contact with the university as someone has been trying to set up an account in that student’s name.

Notebook with the words make it happen highlighted

Important hardship funds update from Student Advice

If you are thinking about applying for the Student Support Fund and you want to be considered before the Christmas holiday, you need to submit your completed application by Friday November 24th

Scrabble letters spelling the words Ask For Help

Student Advice Wellbeing Week pop up today in Cockcroft building

The Student Advisers are supporting Wellbeing Week by hosting a  pop up stall between 12pm – 2pm today, Friday 17th November, outside Aldrich library in Cockcroft building on Moulsecoomb campus

someone using a smart watch to make a contactless payment

How budgeting can improve mental health

The Student Advice Service is supporting Wellbeing Week with this blog examining the relationship between good money management and good mental health

1 2 3 18
Skip to toolbar