Zine Idea- David Bowie

IMG_0263 IMG_0264

I have finally decided what theme I am going to do for my zine. I have always been a huge music fan, so I felt that it was only fitting to use David Bowie as the theme for my zine, as he sadly died a few days ago. I want to create something that is a kind of tribute to Bowie but also is very artistic. I want to experiment with typography again and look into using it to illustrate his lyrics. I also want to look into his fashion and how it changed over the years. and also people that influenced him and created the David Bowie that we know today.

The first thing I have done is to get, loads of books about Bowie from the library and I also have watched documentaries and read academic papers on him as well. From all this research I have learnt so much about him and his life, and have created a timeline of David Bowie. This has helped me understand and gives me a snap shot of what his incredible life has consisted of. Next I am going to look at who has influenced David Bowie in his life and hopefully use that to create some art work that I can use in my zine.