Student Advice Service – Money Matters

News from the Student Advice Service at the University of Brighton

1

New to uni in 2015? Have you got a question about getting your SFE funding?

SFE-Quick-Guide-300x274

If you are due to start in a couple of weeks and you have been assessed by Student Finance England, you must return your loan declaration form before your funds are released. Even if your assessment is showing as ‘approved’ and the payments have been scheduled, you won’t receive any funds until your loan declaration has been received by SFE.  Once they have received it, they need to verify your National Insurance number, which can take a couple of weeks. The easiest and quickest way to do this is by printing off the declaration form from your online account.

Another important thing to do is to check your bank details. If you have recently changed your account or opened a new student account, you must update these details on your student finance account.

For more essential information on getting paid, watch this short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3we2vyTno4

If you have any questions about your student finance award or any other money related issues, please contact the Student Advice Service. We’re here to help

Student Advice Service

Helen Abrahams • September 7, 2015

Comments

1. Kkay September 15, 2015 - 6:16 am Reply

My sincerest thanks go to you Helen for the timely advice you gave me about SFE when all hope was lost after my funding application was rejected. Your advice has made it possible for me to start my course without worrying about tuition and maintenance fees. I can’t thank you enough and in my heart you are a star.