The psychology lab (WB138, Watson Building) is here to support University of Brighton Psychology students and staff at all levels to carry out excellent psychological research. We can help with:
- Deciding which tools to use
- Setting up and running online surveys or experiments
- Setting up and running online interviews or focus groups
- Participant recruitment
- Data analysis (if you’re a dissertation student, please make sure to first agree on your analysis plan with your supervisor before booking a meeting with us)
- Use of statistical software, such as SPSS, R & RStudio, JASP or Jamovi.
All Psychology students and staff have access to the lab’s services. Additionally, in recognition of the ongoing methods reform in Psychology, we’re happy to advise members of staff on the below topics:
- Open Science and data-sharing practices
- Pre-registration of analysis plans
- Robust statistical methods
- Reproducible practice
If you’re a student, we are happy to have an informal chat above the topics above and point you to additional resources, though you should speak with your supervisor if you wish to make use of any of these methods in your dissertation.
If you need help with anything to do with the lab or the technical assistance we can offer, please contact Andrea and Grace.