Supporting you over summer
Over the summer period whether you are staying local, continuing your studies or returning home, you still have access to a wealth of university support, including wellbeing support and financial advice, as well as the opportunity to apply for the summer fund.
Please note that if you are on campus over summer you will need your Unicard to access buildings and open internal doors, if you have any questions please email email@example.com.
Our Summer Fund is open for applications. Each year the university offers financial support to students who may be struggling financially over the summer break, in the form of a non-repayable payment.
Applications are assessed on a case by case basis and you must submit your application and all supporting evidence before midnight on Friday 7 July 2023.
All full time, UK and EU students who are continuing with an undergraduate course can apply. You must be enrolled on a standard length course and not taking a break from study.
Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee awards for all applicants, any student fitting the above criteria can apply, however those with extenuating circumstances will be prioritised. You will be contacted with the outcome but please allow at least 2 weeks to receive a response.
Remember, you can still access your university support system over summer, whatever difficulties you might be facing, we are here for you.
We offer a wide range of support but if you are not sure what you need your Student Support and Guidance Tutor is a good place to start.
- If you are looking to access the libraries across campus, they will be fully operational through summer with revised hours.
Brighton Students’ Union Pantry
- City, Grand Parade – outside the BSU office
- Falmer, Ringmer House
- Eastbourne, Greynore building
- Moulsecoomb, Cockcroft – outside the BSU office
To find out more, email helloBSU@brighton.ac.uk
On campus food outlets
A range of cafe’s and food outlets will remain open on campus throughout the summer periods see revised opening times below:
- Eastbourne, Greynore Book & Bean Closed from 30th June until 29th August, Sprinters Book & Bean Monday to Friday 8.30 – 16.00
- City, Grand Parade Café – 08.30-15.30 (Monday – Thursday), 08.30-15.00 (Friday), Restaurant – 13.15 -14.00 until 30 June then closed until September
- Moulsecoomb, Elm House 08.30-15.30 (Monday – Thursday), 08.30-15.00 (Friday), Cockcroft Book & Bean 08.30-15.30 (Monday – Thursday), 08.30-15.00 (Friday), Mezz Food Hub Summer School menu available until August, Mithras Book & Bean Closed until September, Watts Book & Bean Closed until September
- Falmer, Checkland Book & Bean 08.30-15.30 (Monday – Thursday), 08.30-15.00 (Friday), Living Room Closed, Westlain Food Hub Closed until September