Summer library access
From 10 June – 25 September our libraries will be following summer opening hours. You are welcome to make the most of the space during this time and continue to access the variety of services offered.
Please note that you will need your Unicard to access buildings and open internal doors, if you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Aldrich, Queenwood and St Peters House Libraries, open Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.30pm, closed Saturday and Sunday.
- Eastbourne computer room, open 8.30am – midnight every day, including bank holidays.
- 10 June – 2 July open Monday – Friday 9.00am – 7.00pm, Saturday 12pm – 4.00pm, closed Sunday.
- 3 July – 30 July Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.30pm, Saturday 12pm -4.00pm, closed Sunday.
- 31 July – 3 September, Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.30pm, closed Saturday and Sunday.
- 4 September – 24 September, Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.30pm, Saturday 12pm -4.00pm, closed Sunday.
You will need your Unicard to access the libraries and the computer rooms.
Summer library moves
The school of Humanities and Social Science is moving from the Falmer and City campuses to the Moulsecoomb campus over the summer. This means that the library resources that support these courses will be moved from St Peters House and Falmer Libraries, to Aldrich Library on the Moulsecoomb campus.
- Libraries will remain open, but access to some areas and use of lifts may be restricted at times to allow the books, journals and related resources to be moved safely.
- Reservations will be suspended until 10 July whilst the stock is being moved but library staff will do their best to collect any books for you.
- Humanities and Social Science stock will be unavailable at Falmer Library from 19 June and at St Peters House from 27 June. It will be available again at Aldrich Library from 3 July.
- Ebooks will still be available and inter-library loans can still be requested.
- There may be some noise disruption at times whilst shelves are moved, but staff will be able to direct you to quieter spaces.
- There will be some changes to the layout of the libraries, which will happen over the summer. If you are unsure about where to find the books you need, please email email@example.com or talk to staff at the library help desk.