DIESEL “FOR SUCCESSFUL LIVING 2.0”

Diesel revisited their AW/16 campaign of ‘for succesful living’ where they show the most powerful and iconic messages percieved in their past ads. The idea is to promote positivity and give various ideas of advice surrounding being positive and true to yourself. I absolutely love this idea and living as a woman working in fashion in the present day, positivity seems to be becoming less common and negativity much more so seeing this campaign i felt was really powerful. The casting helps reinforce this message as it shows a complete spectrum of gender, race, size and just overall image. It is a global casting and to me, completely joins different social groups or general people together to become one force. Although this campaign doesn’t speak of beauty specifically, i thought it was relevant to my theme because of how Diesel have reacted to modern day society issues, like how women feel the need to construct themselves to the public as the best they can be, constantly. Overall, it was just really great to see a campaign like this and made even myself want to be much more positive.