Project support for local organisations from our students
Are you a local business or community group looking for support on a project? Our students could provide just the support you’re looking for.
Every year, School of Business and Law students on our Developing Professional Practice in Business module take part in local projects around Brighton & Hove.
A team of students could help you investigate an activity, test something with your customers/clients, run a survey, carry out some market research, or plan a marketing campaign.
This module helps final-year business students develop their employability and project management skills by gaining practical experience working on a real-life business project.
We offer this free opportunity to businesses, third-sector organisations and public sector partners.
Our students will work in small groups, coming in to your organisation to work on a project for a total of 30 hours per student. They’re supported by the module tutors and the student volunteering service.
Previous successful projects have included:
- Surveys for a community rail partnership, a university department and small businesses
- Evaluating careers and employment guidance tools
- Creating a business plan for an organisation that had recently become a charity (from a community group) – the business plan the students created helped the organisation gain a year’s funding for their local project
- Developing a loyalty rewards scheme for an eco car-wash
- A digital marketing plan and trial for a restaurant
- An employee handbook for a local bakery
- Product testing new software
- Evaluating and enhancing the digital marketing strategy for a boutique
- Creating a marketing plan and social media engagement plan for a public sector body
- Running events
Could you use some help with your plans? Please contact us as soon as possible to register your interest.
We’re keen to provide business/research support for a variety of projects, so please do get in touch if you have an idea. If your project looks suitable, we’ll ask you to provide a Project Brief and complete further paperwork so that we can look to allocating a ‘Client Team’ to you, based on your needs and our students’ capability to deliver.
For business-based projects (companies that make a profit), please contact module leader Dr Clare Forder on C.L.Forder@brighton.ac.uk.
For third sector, community and public sector projects (not-for-profit organisations), please contact Claire Sumpter at Active Student on ActiveStudent@brighton.ac.uk.
Please note, third sector, community groups and not-for-profit organisations should also complete the module registration pack.