The Malagiri School

Lorraine on one of her country walks

Keeping fit and fundraising

Lorraine Harrison, one of the committee members who has been involved with the school since its inception, has set herself a goal for 2021 to keep fit and raise funds for the school.

Lorraine will be keeping track of every kilometre she walks this year and for each one donating to help keep the Malagiri school open. She tells us about her challenge:

“I had been thinking about ways in which I could do something extra to support the Malagiri school and I decided that I would combine my efforts to keep healthy through regular daily walking with fundraising.

“I wanted to think of something that would be simple to do and that might also encourage others to get involved.

“I will keep a running total of every km I walk and donate 10p to the school for each one at the end of each month.

a view of Cissbury ring“My favourite walk this month has been the trip to Cissbury ring; as I live in Worthing it was possible for me to walk to there.

“It is a beautiful, peaceful sight with far reaching views of both the sea and the surrounding countryside. If you are in luck, you might also stroll past the magnificent new forest ponies – such a sight allows you to imagine, for just a few moments, that everything is normal.”

Lorraine has just completed her January challenge, walking an amazing 221 kilometres, and has donated £22 to the school via our Springboard page.

We hope Lorraine’s story has inspired you to get fit and raise funds – we’ll keep you up to date with her fundraising journey.

Kerry Burnett • February 1, 2021