thumbnails

street

street

The Forgotten Holiday

For many the first thing people think of when thinking about archives is old artifacts and documents perhaps in museums however an archive could be anything. In photography the simplest form of an archive can be seen as contact sheets even though they are used to narrow down your work it is in its simplest form an archive of your images taken. In everyday life there are archives all around us whether that be a collage of pictures on a wall a collection of tickets from places you have been or in my personal case, miniature snow globes from the countries I have visited. From this, this project can come in almost any form and can lead you to your own personal interpretation.

The intention of my project, which was greatly influenced by The Anonymous Project, was to repurpose forgotten Kodachrome slides found hidden away in a box tucked away in the corner of a shop and give them a new life. I wanted to bring back life to a lost set of holiday photos and take them out of the tiny, restricting slide cases. Working with the latest equipment which wasn’t available when these were taken I wanted to bring back those bright colours from the Kodachrome slides and let the lost photographs and stories be seen as initially intended.