School of Business and Law

At the School of Business and Law, University of Brighton, we teach, research and consult across the full range of business, management and law disciplines.

Omar Meho

Business grad Omar on breaking into the music industry

International DJ and business owner Omar Meho studied Business with Marketing BSc and is enjoying a hugely successful music career.

Omar Meho’s runs award-winning business Music Workflow Academy, which provides equal educational opportunities to aspiring musicians and DJs around the world.

Music Workflow Academy help individuals get into music production and DJing, via provide music production and DJ lessons. Their mission is to make the music industry, particularly production and DJing, more accessible.

Omar has played DJ sets at some of the biggest clubs in the UK, around the world and at festivals to an audience of 12,500 people.

He chose to study at Brighton specifically because of the music scene.

“I went to the University of Brighton because it was a great university for my course, and it had the most dance events per capita. My aim was to come to Brighton to make a name for myself as a DJ.

“The University of Brighton taught me everything I needed to know about business. It also provided the network and support for me to chase my dreams.

“The transferable skills allowed me to network and conduct my business confidently. The lecturers were very supportive of me and I couldn’t have wished for a better uni experience.”

In 2022 Omar was named on the Forbes 30 under 30 European entertainment list as recognition of Music Workflow Academy’s success.

alumniBusinessbusiness ownerDJDJsForbes 30 Under 30Global Recognition Awardsgradgraduategraduate successinnovationMarketingmusic productionMusic Workflow AcademymusiciansSME

Zoe Cassell • July 11, 2023