work by amelia nichols

Graduates 2022: Amelia Nichols: Graphic Design

raphic”I have absolutely loved the course and am so sad that it’s slowly coming to an end. Brighton enables you to have so much design freedom as well as be able to learn skills via the many workshops which are on offer.”

Hi Amelia. Please tell us a bit about your work and your influences

“My final year has enabled me to gain a better understanding of my design style. I believe that my outcome demonstrates this as I have found a new love for textiles.”

“Here is my final project statement: Three greens will be a process led project focusing on three shades of green. The green fabrics will include techniques such as microwave dyeing and screen printing. The subjectivity of this project will be green from the future based on the green from the past. As a graphic designer, my role will be to document the process, be a part of the process and combine types which will derive from my chosen texts. My choice of texts will be approached by reflecting on artists who explore the colour green in a poetic format. My target audience will be based on the public who are intrigued by large scale installations and combining textiles with text.

“My biggest inspiration was Crystal Bennes as she influenced the way I installed my fabrics.”

work by amelia nichols

“I have absolutely loved the course at Brighton. I am so sad that it’s slowly coming to an end. Brighton enables you to have so much design freedom as well as be able to learn skills via the many workshops which are on offer. Brighton was a huge step for me as I have come from a very rural background living just outside of York. However, I do not regret it and I would do the 3 years all over again.”

amelia nichols

How did you choose your course – why did you choose to study Graphic Design?

“I choose this course due to the tutors being so passionate and they wanted to see you strive. Brighton is a very trendy and inspiring place which is full of creative people which was a bonus. I have studied graphic design for 6 years including school and college as it enables me to be creative as well as there being no wrong or right answers.”

“My plans are to put the skills which I have learnt during the three years into practice by applying for graphic design roles.”

Find out about Graphic Design at the University of Brighton.

Visit the Graduate Show

Follow @brightonshows22