Photography and Styling Shoot (Anti-Fashion)

Using all the trends made by individuals in my group I had to create different looks for my campaign referring back to the trends. The two trends made by myself are translucent/iridescent and modern architecture, focusing on modern materials and blue/silver tones. The other two trends are dystopia which focuses on dark colours and distressed pieces, the last trend is tweaky punks.

For the location of my shoot I decided to shoot every trend in different location so that every trend was clearly presented. After the iridescent shoot that you saw in my last post I focused on the punk trend, after brainstorming different ideas for the location I decided to go with two simple urban backdrops and bringing the influences of punk into the clothing and the attitude of the model.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

Using leather, lace and ripped denim to incorporate the punk attitude, showing a glimpse of a piercing and a cigarette to give the images that subtle punk behaviour. I decided to make the photographs black and white to concentrate on the textures in the images.

The next shoot focused on the modern trend. I found these glass stairs which I thought would be a perfect location to shoot the modern trend, with the sharp edged architecture and light blue tones. The model is wearing a blue leather jacket paired white skinny jeans and a sleek ponytail.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

I manipulated the images, adding extra brightness and strengthening the blue colours.

The last trend is the dystopian trend. With this trend I decided to only take little idea’s from the mood board, I used the colour palette (dark browns and black) but also added some brighter colours that were present in the backdrop of the photographs. I found this pile of wasted metals, old radiators and gates that had rusted leaving a burnt orange colours, I thought this was perfect for this trend.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

I styled the model in a feathered  black jacket, knee high leather boots and a pair of black jeans that I dyed to create this destroyed/distressed look. The backdrop reflects the destroyed aspect of the trend.