Who we are
The International Student Advice and Support Team provides high-quality support and advice for students from outside the UK. Our service is free, confidential and non-judgmental.
What we do
We can help you with:
- Practical advice about living in the UK e.g. local shopping and transport, opening a UK bank account, accessing healthcare
- Information about social activities on and off campus
- Support for homesickness and culture shock
- Advice on financial hardship
- Making a visa application to start a course at the university, and extending your visa to repeat a year or go on to further study
- Implications of intermitting, withdrawing and intercalating from a course, as well as taking re-sits or resubmitting assignments
- Making an application for your dependants to join you in the UK
- Visa routes for working in the UK after your studies
- Visa restrictions and conditions e.g. working hours
- Schengen visas to travel within the EU.
- Making an application for settled or pre-settled status in the UK
- Rights of EU and EEA nationals now the UK has left the EU.
How to contact us
For queries about life in the UK, advice on culture shock, ways to get involved with university life, and financial issues email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For queries about visas and immigration please use this webform to send us details of your question.
Call +44 (0)1273 642888