Document Verification Sessions or ‘in-person enrolment’
You need to attend a document verification session before the start of your course if you are an international student and if you have:
- a student visa
- any other visa in any other visa category
- limited or indefinite leave to remain/settled status or similar
- a pending visa application with the Home Office.
Sometimes this process is also referred to as ‘in-person enrolment’. That is because once the university has taken a scan of these documents they can fully enrol you on your course. This means you will be able to access the self-service letter options on My Brighton to general a letter to open a bank account, or to obtain a student discount for travel.
What do you need to bring to your document verification session?
When you attend a document verification session you will need to bring:
- your passport or travel document
- visa (including BRP or share code if your visa is electronic*)
- any other document to evidence your immigration status.
- if your visa is electronic you will need to provide evidence of your entry to the UK (boarding pass or entry stamp).
When are document verification sessions taking place?
If your course is based in Brighton:
- Document verification sessions run daily from Thursday 21 to Friday 29 September, 9.30am – 4pm, at Cockcroft Hall on Moulsecoomb campus, Brighton.
If you are studying on our Eastbourne campus:
- Document verification sessions will run every Wednesday from 13 September until 18 October, 9.30am – 4.30pm, at the Academic Services Office in Trevin Towers.
If you have any questions about attending your document verification session please contact the Visa Compliance Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
International Welcome Hub
The International Student Advice & Support team will be running an International Welcome Hub alongside document verification, as a convenient way to find out more about the range of events happening around the university and to learn about the support available to you throughout your studies. The Hub will be in Cockcroft Hall, the same location as document verification, and you will be welcomed by members of the International Student Advice & Support team as well as Brighton Student Ambassadors.
We would encourage you to head over to the Welcome Hub once you’ve completed document verification for a quick hello and a freebie or two!