We are very glad to announce that we are now ready to receive your abstracts for the second workshop SWEP “Surface Wettability Effects on Phase Change Phenomena” in Mons, Belgium. The workshop will start at 1pm on Thursday 6th and terminates early in the afternoon of Friday 7th June 2019.
The workshop aims at providing a stimulating forum and a brainstorming session for researchers to exchange knowledge on two-phase flows experiments, modelling and simulation, to discuss with worldwide experts their current research, and to propose a better understanding on the effect of surface wettability on phase-change phenomena.
Ten invited lecturers will give lectures on various topics related to SWEP:
1. Alidad Amirfazli, University of York, Canada
2. Carlo Massimo Casciola, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
3. Pierre Colinet, Ecole Polytechnique de Bruxelles, Belgium
4. Erin Koos, KU Leuven, Belgium
5. Daniele Mangini, European Space Agency, The Netherlands
6. Glen McHale, Northumbria University, United Kingdom
7. Marc Miscevic, Université Paul Sabatier, France
8. Antonio Moreira, Instituto Superior Técnico, Portugal
9. Jason Reese, University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom
10. Alessandro Siria, Ecole Normale Supérieure, France
We invite you to submit abstracts presenting the results of your original research in line with the scope of the workshop. The accepted abstracts will be included in a poster session during the workshop.
Send your abstracts by email to Dorothée Friedrich,
Abstract submission is 28 February 2019
Acceptance of the abstract 15 March 2019
Submission of the final abstract and early bird payment 25 March 2019
Submission of the final abstract: 30 March 2019
For any enquire about the organisation and logistics, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
THE WORKSHOP CHAIRS
Prof. Joel De Coninck, University of Mons
Prof. Marco Marengo, University of Brighton