Graduates 2024: Weiyi Xu: MA Sequential Deisgn/Illustration

I always say that Brighton is my second home.  Everything I experience here is so unforgettable. The beautiful seaside town has brought a lot of inspiration to my graduation project.

My life has a great influence on my work. Fragments of travel, small objects that I may come across by chance, some photos I take, everything that happens in life, and my perception and exploration of this society are all my creative inspirations. I like painting in a traditional way like watercolor as I like the emotion and warmth that hand-painting brings.

Can you tell us a bit about what brought you to doing a postgraduate degree and this course in particular?

I am not very good at expressing myself. Illustration can convey my feelings and ideas very well. I can find myself here.

Were there any staff who particularly inspired you?

I love all the tutors in the illustration major very much, Lizzie, Saskia, Louise, Ottilie, who can give me very professional advice and encouragement in every stage of the tutorial.

What does Brighton mean to you now?

Instagram: @uweiinono

Find out about studying MA Sequential Design / Illustration at Brighton.

Find out more about the MA Show