Hannah Dyson

Illustration grad Hannah Dyson has Gloucestershire show

In the years since graduating from our Illustration BA(Hons), Hannah Dyson has worked as a freelance illustrator for The Idler, The Guardian and The Independent. Following Brighton with studies at the Royal College of Art, she has also worked for BBC Publishing, animation studios and The Financial Times.

Having put commercial work on hold while bringing up my three children, she now has a show (Hannah Dyson, 27 Feb9 Apr) in the Prema Art Centre inspired by Uley village’s now famed gorilla, John Daniel.

We spoke to Hannah who said, “I loved my time at Brighton University. It was wonderful to be by the sea and to be given the opportunity to draw all the time! John Lord was a tutor of mine and I cant help but smile when I think of him. All the tutors were great actually and really created the space to experiment and develop an individual visual language. I’m starting that creative journey again here at Prema Arts Centre. My exhibition features some pictures based around the real life story of the gorilla John Daniel who lived here in Uley nearly a hundred years ago.”

Find out more about the show.

Visit Hannah’s website.