BTN BikeShare is Brighton’s easy to use PAYG bike hire scheme. Hire a bicycle from docking locations across central Brighton and at our campuses, and enjoy getting around the city by bike. Find the BTN BikeShare docking stations on our campuses on the interactive cycle facilities map and hire a bike for £1 (unlock fee) plus 3p per minute of usage.
10% discount on the annual membership plan is available to University of Brighton students. This offers annual membership at the discounted rate of £65 (normal rate £72), which includes 30 minutes of use per day. Additional minutes are charged at 3p per minute and daily charges are capped at £12.To claim the discount, download the Social Bicycles App for Android or IOS and register with the Life Bike BTN Network, under the University of Brighton plan using your University email address.
- AEB, Moulsecoomb campus
- Cockcroft, Moulsecoomb campus
- Falmer Sports Centre, Falmer campus
- Westlain House, Falmer campus
- The Hub, Varley Park
- Grand Parade main building pavement, City Campus
- Edward Steet, City Campus
You can also get a FREE ride when you sign up using code UNI2020!
Check out the video below from BTN BikeShare on using their bikes.
BTN BikeShare COVID-19 usage guidance
If you feel unwell please DO NOT use the bikes. An enhanced operations team are disinfecting all contact points on the bikes regularly. Help us keep everybody safe by doing your bit. Please :
- Wash your hands thoroughly before using the bikes.
- If you have any available, wipe down the contact points with you own disinfectant wipes before and after use. These include the keypad, grips, lock, brake levers and seat.
- You may wish to use disposable gloves whilst riding the bikes.
- Take extra care when riding.
- Remain a safe 2 metres distance from others.
- After using a bike wash your hands again as soon as possible.