The university encourages cycling to its campuses and there are cycling facilities on all sites, including BTN Bike share docks (Brighton campuses only).
Cyclists can also join the university’s Bicycle User Group (BUG) email list. The BUG provides the opportunity to students and staff to email each other with bike related queries or issues, and to receive any relevant news from the university, such as free bike maintenance checks or bike training. If you would like to join the group please email the IS service desk and request to be added to the email list: ServiceDesk@brighton.ac.uk.
Additionally cyclists should use the University cycling facilities in accordance with the University’s Bicycle Parking and Abandoned Bike Policy.
Cycling advice during COVID-19 pandemic
The UK Government is encouraging everyone to walk or cycle for travel if possible, to aid social distancing, and reduce pressure on public transport and the road network. When cycling to and from our campuses, and using the university facilities please follow the below guidance:
- where possible maintain 2m social distancing, for example, when waiting at crossings and traffic lights. Take precautions where this is not possible
- wash your hands for at least 20 seconds or sanitise your hands before and after cycling, including using bike share bikes
- wash or sanitise your hands after using shared bicycle parking on campus
- follow any one way access systems as directed on campus
- consider making a list of items to take with you when cycling
- View further guidance online: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-safer-travel-guidance-for-passengers#walking-and-cycling
View all the pages of cycling information: