TAKE TIME JUST TO SLOW DOWN

Trying Out Slow Parenting

My own voice “Come on!””Hurry up, honey”sounds as I am reading this article. How many times did I hurry my boy when he was a little kid! How many times I became impatient when he was slow in doing things! How many times did I shout at him as he was dawdling! Maybe this is one of the reasons why my teenager boy tends to be impatient today. It is really a great regret that I can never make up for in my parenting, but may serve as a lesson for those parents whose kids are still young and who are likely to take the lead themselves while being with their kids.

The following is resonated with me as well.

“I encourage parents to take some time to just watch their children, whether they are playing, doing homework, or eating a snack,” [John Duffy, a clinical psychologist and author of The Available Parent] says. “Take a moment to drink them in. Remember and remind yourself how remarkable your children are. That pause alone, even if momentary, can drive a shift in the pace”…

Next time, when your kids are doing home work, dont rush them, they just need some time to fiugure it out; when they are playing , dont hurry them, let them just enjoy it in their own pace; even when they are eating a snack dont push them, just watch how they focus on the food itself, which may break your heart from sweetness.

TAKE TIME TO SLOWN DOWN AND YOU WILL CATCH SOME BEAUTIFUL MOMENTS OF YOUR KIDS WHICH YOU MAY EASILY JUST MISS  IF YOU ARE IN SUCH A HURRY.WHY NOT HAVE SOME SLOWED-PACED TIME WITH YOUR KIDS?

4 thoughts on “TAKE TIME JUST TO SLOW DOWN

1. This is a good point. Sometimes I am impatient to children. It reminds me that I need pay more attention to chilren’s growth.
    Thanks!