13th March

Not so many volunteers were able to meet up this morning due to some illness and prior engagements. We heard that Tim had to spend some time in hospital with pneumonia, we all hope he has a speedy recovery. Margaret and I decided to tackle a clump of rhododendrons which Tim and I had spotted earlier in the year. They are not native to our woodland and can spread widely if not kept under check. We pulled out and cut down as much as we could, marking the place we found it so that we can keep an eye out for future growth. Later on we were joined by three third year BA students from Brighton who brightened up the morning, John very kindly found some wood they could work with on their projects.

Margaret and I tackle the rhododendron by pulling up as many roots as possible
we marked the position for future monitoring with hi-vis tape
wood anemones are really enjoying the spring sunshine

Comment on this post

Your email address will not be published.