Lauren smiling

What’s it like studying Law at Brighton?

I have wanted to study law for as long as I can remember

I have always been interested in criminal law so wanted my degree to be tilted towards the criminal justice system. I saw that Brighton offered law with criminology and it seemed like the perfect degree for me! I grew up in a town with a fairly high crime rate and saw many injustices so I wanted to try and help those that cannot advocate for themselves.

Working towards my career from the beginning of my degree

The teaching staff always incorporate their own stories into their teaching which gives you a real insight into what it is like to work in the legal field. Also, if you don’t want to go down the traditional solicitor or barrister route they also give you lots of ideas about other things you can do within the legal sector.

Living in halls was a great experience

In my first year I chose to live in halls. I met friends that quickly became family and we had so much fun living together! I met people that I wanted to live with for the rest of my time in Brighton. Living in halls was great for me as I was completely new to the city and it enabled me to make friends outside of my course – there’s always someone to hang out with too!

Amazing support systems at university

One of the best things about Brighton is the amazing support systems. Teaching staff are always there to support you but there are a lot of specialist teams that are on hand to help you with pretty much anything! I have never felt like I was without support whilst at Brighton uni, there is always someone that is willing to listen and help you.

I absolutely love Brighton!

There is always something to do, you can never be bored here! It is a perfect mixture of a city, a beach and the countryside. There are so many cafes, restaurants and bars that are all unique so you can always try new places. The people in Brighton are so friendly and you feel accepted here.

Student looking at their phone

Word from the uni…

Interested in this course? Read the full course description Law with Criminology LLB(Hons).

Interested in this subject? Here’s more law degrees.

applicationsBrighton Law Schoolindependent livingLaw with CriminologyPreparing for universitySchool of Business and Law

Lauren Dennington • 1st June 2022