July 26

Darkness

Every Sunday until September I’ll be pulling a (virtual) card from the Universe Has Your Back deck and reflecting on it.

I witness the darkness and call on the light with my prayer:
Thank you, universe, for guiding me to perceive this fear through the eyes of the teacher of love.

I cycled for four miles as I listened to a Get More Gabby meditation. I felt great afterwards so I decided to cycle a few more miles. I ended up cycling for twenty miles altogether (with breaks every five miles so I could lay down and drink water). That’s my personal best. OK – most people won’t think it’s that impressive but it’s a big deal for me.

Get More Gabby August Meditation by Gabby Bernstein (found via gabbybernstein.com/thanks-for-signing-up-how-to-choose-happiness/)

My holiday has reenergised me no end. I know burnout. I’ve had burnout. But I always always seem to underestimate it. When it comes around I just think I’ll deal with it and it always knocks me for six. Burnout feels embarrassing; it feels like admitting I’m weak.

I’ve had a lot to think about in my holiday. I pinned my hopes on getting a second job or selling some writing so I could afford to pay for my Masters in September. It just may not happen. And I have to deal with that. I feel restless because in my free time I think to myself You should be applying for jobs or You should be writing. I’m not doing either. I’m listening to meditations and avoiding the internet.

I promised myself a hamper of odd socks if I cycle one hundred miles this week. I look forward to sharing my happy feet in my next update.

Tags:

Posted July 26, 2020 by N¡na in category Uncategorized

About the Author

An alumna #brightonforever