February 24

Le Châtelard

I’m spending the last evening of my holiday listening to THEESatisfaction and reading Basic Counselling Skills. Yesterday I went for a wander and ended up going into the local record store. As I walked towards the back of the store I smelt soap. Sure enough they were selling Le Chatelard 1802 soaps, which reminded me of my last months as a resident in Brighton (particularly the long walks I took to clear my head). I was reminded of the day I bought some Le Chatelard 1802 lavender pouches because that day I walked to the marina and looked out over the seafront, which I often did, and felt such love for the city that shaped me.

I can shut my eyes and remember the view, and the overwhelming emotions that moved through me at that time.

I have been reflecting a lot on my career path, because my holiday has made me aware how much being in a university (working and studying) is a big part of my identity. But also because I want a break from data and commuting. I like being in academia, but I wonder if I need more quiet around me. I used to think the idea of being self-employed was a little petite bourgeoisie yet as years/decades pass I realise I want this type of control. I want to be creative. I want a pet I can take to work (or have a home office where my pet hangs out with me). I like the community feeling of my workplace, and I don’t want to be without it.

I like the course I am doing now – counselling feels very natural. And something I would like to incorporate into my worklife. I’ll stick with it and see where this goes…

Posted February 24, 2019 by N¡na in category Uncategorized

About the Author

An alumna #brightonforever