MAKING A WEBSITE 3

https://a-house-is-a-home.webnode.co.uk

Due to the simplicity of the naviagtion, the overall feel of the website and the way I could edit it easily, I stuck with Webnode to be the website provider of our online space.

These are all screenshots of me editing and navigating the website on my phone which I had to do because my laptop wasn’t working so well and had to take matters into my own hands, After struggling a lot with making a website previously I was very lucky that this website had such an easy navigation to edit on an iphone which I will definitely keep in mind for future practices!

Each page was allowed to have a certain style which really made it so easy to make each page exactly what you want, for example there was an option to make this page a photo reel, easily displaying a large array of photos that they laid out for you as a template, however where did go wrong was that as a shortcut I clicked on making one of the pages into a blog post as I thought it was displayed in the same way however it was created so that there are different blog post on the page and then you click on the blog post and that brings you to the page where I aimed to have them visible straight away, and it took me awhile to understand how to change the page because in the end I had to delete and start again which pushed me back even further in regards to time. However I’ve learnt my lesson and I need to look more thoroughly into the website layout and instructions.

It was really easy to add in images, take out images or add a text and change around the pages with this website maker compare to Wix or Cargo which I really struggled before! I was so happy that I was able to navigate making a website at the end and although I am so happy with how the website looks it’s very easy to find what you’re looking for and it brings all of our work together in a nice sophisticated manner, for me personally I do wish I had more advanced website making skills or a better computer to edit a really good website because I found it so interesting as you could literally code an entire website yourself and make it exactly how you want which I know would be helpful for the future however for the time being I’m happy that I found this website to use.