Idea Generation

For my Photography module, my class has been given the title “Sense of Place” to base our photographic work on. This is a very broad theme, allowing us all to have the creative freedom to explore a number of styles and techniques without being confined to a particular photographers work or a limited style.

When evaluating the theme: Sense of Place, my mind instantly thinks of the city life in Brighton, where there is a diverse range of opportunities to capture unique and appealing images.  I’ve decided to create an image mood board of some photos I’m inspired by. I hope to capture similar images in the city, but whilst adding my own personal style.

*I don’t own any of these photos

My mood board inspiration shows my keen interests in the modern Brighton city scene of today, focusing on areas like nightclub and street graffiti shots which documents Brighton’s urban culture. Other places I’d like to shoot in are the back streets and buses, where many of the cities hidden photography gems may lie.

Aiming to venture into the city at least twice a week, I will bring my camera along with me to be prepared for any moments of inspiration I discover.