There Aint No Bunny Like A Playboy Bunny

I’m trying to get on it with research from quite early on so it gives me inspiration and ideas earlier so I can start piecing together my final outcome.

I want to look at books not just artists to give more depth to my project, for my dissertation I looked at Playboy which I’ve already started doing my research on, I want to continue looking at Playboy but incorporate more books. I think Naomi Wolfe The Beauty Myth will lend itself very well to this project, alongside Simone De Bouvoire the Second Sex, this is a more social studies literary book however I think it’s good to do varied and more academic research as well.

I’ve also looked into some other gender studies books including Gender, Nature and Nurture by Richard A. Lippa which discusses how nature informs societal roles and how each gender assumes their stereotypical role.

As I’m hoping to narrow down my focus onto The Female Gaze comparing that to the Male Gaze and looking into the fundamentals surrounding Female Gaze, theories, social studies, feminist writings but also writings that contradict and disagree.

I’ve began looking already into the Three Waves of Feminism, I think I need to study this and research this more, especially disagreements people have with the most current Third Wave. During my first project (Creative Research) I focused on the Woman’s Marches, I think this is very much relevant to this project.

This kind of research where I’m not just focusing on the creative side of my project but delving deeper into academic references will help round my project off and give me a better understanding of what I’m doing and why I’m doing it.