Zine Photography

For this module I’ve been taking some photographs to relate to the poem. I happen to take this photograph at the perfect time where the sun shone through the cloud which I thought was the perfect image to represent ‘heaven’. Photography isn’t my strong point so i’ve decided to try and practice to expand my capabilities whithin this project.

heaven image

Another line in the poem I chose to use imagery to represent is ‘hands have to tears to flow’. Thinking of different ways to portray this in an image, first I thought of drawing an eye crying into a hand but after experimenting further I came up with the idea of photography water running through closed hands. I thought this would clearly represnt the verse and portray the meaning.

image2-1

water-hands-finished

I will be editing the photographs to create the very best outcome. For example with this image which  I have already edited I have used a filter over the image called “plasitc wrap’ which highlights the water to give it a glossy effect. I then dublicated the layer and added a mask onto the new layer, adding a motion blur to the mask. Then using a brush tool (black) I carefully brushed the areas in which I wanted to be seen clearly. This method worked really well as the image is much stronger and focuses on the running water through the hands.