Hello from Rob – NEW LTA

Hi, my name is Rob Englebright and I’m the new Learning Technologies Advisor (LTA) at the Falmer Campus.[UPDATE: NOW AT CITY CAMPUS]  I’ve nipped in a few times over the last couple of months, but start officially today.

photo

I originally studied Agriculture at Shuttleworth College, did a bit of farming and a bit of fertiliser research for ICI before teaching at Plumpton College. I ran the college website, Intranet, Blackboard, then Moodle instance and ended up as a Policy Advisor then Senior Architect at Becta outlining technical standards for Interactive whiteboards, VLEs and Accessibility testing the BETT awards entries.
From Becta I moved to Jisc where most recently I have been working on a review of the Scottish Further Education sector MIS provision for the Scottish Funding Council, the Jisc Student Summer of Innovation,
and the Jisc Coursedata programme.

I know learning technology can really improve the student experience, and am delighted to be able to work with such fine folk at Brighton.
Outside of work I’m an active member of the #BuildBrighton hackspace, where I build robots and make stuff.
I also draw stuff, make comics  write computer games  and tilly about on my allotment.
My older son Adam is in his final year at Brighton studying maths, and my younger son Dominic is aiming to study film production at UCA Farnham in September. My wife Ali is a lab technician at a secondary school in Crawley.

University of Brighton Learning Technology Advisor, Robot Builder, Allotment keeper, Cheese lover.