The University of Brighton’s Centre for Secure, Intelligent and Usable Systems brings research excellence in computing and mathematics to academic and industry collaborators worldwide.
We provide a variety of opportunities to academic, practitioners and industry across the world to engage with with us and our facilities through a variety of events and opportunities.
- Assessing the impact of visualization media on engagement in an active learning environmentDr. Fadi Castronovo, a researcher at the centre, in collaboration with Andrew Stanciulescu and Dr. Jesús Oliver, all from the California State University East Bay, published a new article in the International Journal of Mathematical Education in Science and Technology journal on their work on the use of active learning strategies and large display system … Continue reading Assessing the impact of visualization media on engagement in an active learning environment
- Investigating the cognitive and metacognitive process of learners while using construction educational gamesDr. Fadi Castronovo, a researcher at the centre, in collaboration with Nicholas Stepanik, Dr. Peggy Van Meter, and Prof. John Messner, all from the Pennsylvania State University, published a new article in the Advanced Engineering Informatics journal on their work on the use of an educational simulation game, Virtual Construction Simulator 4 (VCS4), in construction … Continue reading Investigating the cognitive and metacognitive process of learners while using construction educational games
- Understanding your customer experience and utilising dataAs part of CSIUS outreach activities, we co-delivered a seminar on utilising data for improving customer experience in tourism within the the regional area. This seminar was organised by the RISE innovation project which aims to help local businesses take charge of their innovation, capitalise on new opportunities and become more productive, competitive and resilient. … Continue reading Understanding your customer experience and utilising data
- Scoping 3D Service for the Arts and HumanitiesWe have recently launched an AHRC funded project for scoping digital infrastructure to support innovative research in the Arts and Humanities using multi-dimensional complex visual datasets, such as 3D datasets, digital twins and immersive technologies. The Data Services for Complex 3D Data in the Arts and Humanities brings together Universities, cultural and creative industries across … Continue reading Scoping 3D Service for the Arts and Humanities
- 21st European Conference on e-Learning (ECEL 2022)We are delighted to announce that Dr. Panagiotis Fotaris, researcher at the centre, is leading the organisation of the 21st European Conference on e-Learning (ECEL 2022) on 27th-28th October 2022. ECEL 2022, which will be organised by the University of Brighton, aims to establish what really matters in e-learning. Increasingly e-learning is taking a logical … Continue reading 21st European Conference on e-Learning (ECEL 2022)