Social Media

Having an online social media presence is an essential way to market and promote myself. I am aiming to become a freelance photographer after graduating, therefore having a relevant Instagram is extremely important as this is the most effective way to be seen in the industry. I have had a professional Instagram account for a long time now, however during this project I started to think more strategically and started curating it in a more effective way. I have used this platform to post regularly during my final major project, and have added hashtags to each image in order to create a social media strategy. I decided to create a different account to my personal account, as I feel that it looks more professional, and helps to keep my personal life from my work life.

As well as having an Instagram account, I have also had a Facebook page for a long time. Facebook targets a different target regarding age groups, however I felt that it is still important to have a presence on there. I have curated my Facebook page as a platform for me to post my projects on there, and also a way for potential clients to find me and message me. I have kept my profile image the same as my Instagram, to keep my branding and presence coherent throughout.

In the meantime I have not created a Twitter page yet, as I feel that this is a good platform however I feel that I need to create a wider following before this being a good way to promote myself.