Applications for the PG Cert or individual modules are open (see links below). Each module will run once a year and bursaries are available for the first two modules below.
There are two requisites for studying on the PG Certificate:
- You are actively involved with simulation based education in your practice role
- You can demonstrate prior academic study at level 6 or equivalent
The modules which make up the PG Certificate have been jointly validated through Brighton & Sussex Universities.
- Principles and Practice of Simulation in Clinical Practice (MDM148) will usually run in November and commissioned places are available. It is suggested that module is taken first as it provides exposure to all facets of SBME. Assessment is through a 3000 word essay featuring an aspect of SBME in depth.
- Feedback & Debriefing Module (MDM149). Places can be booked for the module which normally runs in January with commissioned places available. This has a work based teaching portfolio as a key component of assessment which requires careful planning after the first three days of the module have been delivered.
- Learning and Teaching in Medical Education (MDM28), MDM 28 is a compulsory module unless you have completed a similar module before (RPL) in which case seek advice from the course lead for other options.
Participants who successfully complete the assessments for each module will be able to RPL the M level credits.
Please use the application form for a single module for the purpose of Continued Professional Development (CPD) bearing in mind that the modules are underpinned by bursaries from HE (KSS).
Please use this link http://about.brighton.ac.uk/hss/courses/gphss/application.php?PageId=420. Once complete, send your application form to Andrew Collins.
Click on the following link to access further information on the BSMS website – Postgraduate Medicine Taught Degrees
To start your application click on the Apply Now link in the menu.