Ideas from research module to take forward

Looking back at what i have produced within the research module to help with step forward for FMP.

Looking into what was successful and what didn’t work so well. Taking time to look at each element and see what points i should be taking through with me into development for FMP.

TOUR POSTER + GRAPHICS

Something i did a lot of research into was the posters, tour schedules and graphic ideas. Through the previous module i was focusing on graphic design and building on this skill. These are elements that are important within K-pop and album launches so its important for me to take what i have learnt into my process for creating FMP. I will need to develop of these by using my own photos and developing on my graphic design with layouts and typography. Working with what i learnt to be able to create graphic designs around the concept i am building for the album.

Some examples of what i previously produced for the recent module : AD394

ILLUSTRATIONS + GRAPHICS

I experimented with illustrations and learning how to use Adobe Illustrator within AD394 and they received high praise from others, therefore this is something i want to develop on and bring into FMP to showcase a skill i have and something i love creating. The illustrations are versatile and can be used across areas of the graphic elements i aim to create for FMP. This is something that was liked by others and its a way to bring in an visuals and details of an artist to add more personality to elements.

ALBUM INSERT LAYOUT + TEXT + PICTURES

Something i will be creating for FMP is the album insert. For the research module, something i did was create flat plans and create a layout from pictures i had from the internet. I experimented with layout and graphic ideas to create the album insert as visual as possible. Something i will take with me is the idea of using Korean through the album as its reflects on the research i carried out on Korean graphics as this style is something i admire. Something i also like its the use of  white space as it makes the layout look fresh and inviting.

PRESS PACK LAYOUT + CONTENT

I created a press pack for the research module to test out layouts and contents. It was something that helped me understand what is was that i needed to research and experiment in. Carrying this knowledge with me into my FMP will be the most important part as its my aim to develop a press pack as my interest lies in marketing and business. Having created this within the previous project means i now know what content is needed, what works well for the order and how information can be displayed for a more visual press pack that is not over whelming or to business focused. Something i need to think about and develop for FMP is this idea but with the use of my own graphics and photos.

KOREAN GRAPHIC RESEARH AND STYLE

The skills i learnt through researching into Korean graphic design. Taking the ideas, colours, typography, language and page layout into my development and graphics for FMP. As i am focusing my project on K-pop and Korean culture i want to make sure that the design elements are seen through my FMP as i admire Korean graphic design because of the colours and how bold yet sophisticated it can be.

VIDEO EDITING SKILLS, TECHNIQUE AND TEASER IDEA.

A teaser video is an element i experimented with in AD394 and it is something Chris loved and believed it was a skill i should be showing off within my FMP. I had edited videos from official music videos and cut and adapted them to fit a teaser style video. This is something that i will be taking through into FMP as its a visual element that i would like to showcase in the graduate show. Taking the ideas of split screen, colour correction and beat timing into my final piece. Something i need to develop on is the videography and creating the footage myself instead of taking clips from the internet.

Having all of these elements shown within my FMP means i am able to showcase all the different skills i have learnt and developed on through university.

• Graphic design
  • Branding
  • Marketing
  • Illustration
  • Videography
  • Video editing
  • Photography
  • Design