Our first interview with the Saudi Arabian student

First interview

Q1: How did you know this language center?

A: He was told by his friend who studies here now. 

Q2: Why did you choose the course to learn?

A: To find a better job. 

Q3: Do you know other students’ purpose?

A: Some students have the same reason as his.  However , others are making preparation for further studies in the university. 

Q4: Why ddidn’t you study language  in you country?

A: Because I want to learn the original and local English.  In my country, teachers often speak Arabic accent English.Also, teach us with both English and Arabic.

(The Saudi Arabian student has got poor spoken English with broken sentences and words. Thus we can only guess and then confirm with him. )This image requires alt text, but the alt text is currently blank. Either add alt text or mark the image as decorative.

13 thoughts on “Our first interview with the Saudi Arabian student

1. I think what you did is interesting, and we can learn that students who learn English really want to experience the authentic langage in English-speaking countries and improve themselves. One suggestion is that you can ask some questions about the cost of studying in the UK and how do they feel about the money they’ve spent on the tuition, homestay and daily life.

2. I ‘m really interested in your to topic! and the picture you took with the Abrabian student is so funny! Lovely Jia Rui!
    What do the students learn in the language classes? Is that the same way as Chinese students do?

• The student I interviewed studies basic English here. I have seen his study material which is about some grammar like simple present tense, future tense…. And during my interviewing, I understood him almostly by guessing.Ahha, Because of his lack of vocabulary and strange pronunciation.

• Hi xu! The student I interviewed studies basic English here. I have seen his study materials which is about some grammar like: simple present tense, future tense….. And during my interview, I understood him almost by guessing because of his lack od vocabulary and strange pronunciation.AHHA

3. It’s so lucky of you to have the oppportunity to communicate with a foreign student at home. You can chat with him and learn from each other. The conversation between you makes me know that we have the same purpose of being here. I wonder how he studies English? Does he have any different methods?

4. The interview reveals the true fact and reason for English studying. It is helpful and meaningful for us to explore English teaching as a second language.

5. It is nice to see an interview. Try to respond to the questions asked above as this will make your findings more meaningful. I hope you manage to visit a school as there are so many in Brighton and this will give you lots to think about. But there is also plenty of information online about language schools and what they do. You could look at the website of St Giles before you visit, but also of different institutions such as Bellerby’s in Brighton and comment on the differences between them as well as between language teaching in China and England.
    Theresa

6. It’s nice to have an oppotunity to interview a foreign language student. You let us to learn about the imformation about English learning in the world.

7. It’s nice to have an oppotunity to interview a foreign language student. You let us learn about the imformation about English learning in the world.