Research, Research and More Research

So Girl on Girl is so perfect for this project, the variation of artist’s featured alongside the depth and diversity of the work is just ideal for my research.

Can’t stop, won’t stop talking about it.

As this is just early days (she says 2 months in) for my project and I haven’t really found my feet yet in regards to my final outcome or even experimentation. Because I’ve looked a lot at photographers I am quite inspired to do a couple of photoshoots.

I like how intimate a lot of the work I’ve been researching is, not necessarily in a erotic way but an intimate personal connection. I want to take this forward and develop on this concept through some photography of my own.

I would like to use a film camera in an ideal world just as it adds another layer of intimacy. I don’t know why and I don’t know if it’s just me that feels that way, but having the photograph so raw and unedited gives it an element of vulnerability.

I’m not sure if I actually will use film, it’s been a while and I’ll have to brush up on EVERYTHING, but I would really like to include it.

In terms of my first photoshoot, I’m hoping to just experiment with the body and manipulate it into different shapes to create more abstract photos. With the editing I want to crop them down to make you have to look at the photo for longer to understand what it is, not know immediately by just a glance.

I hope to have my photography like this as I feel bodies especially women’s bodies deserve so much more appreciation for what they are.