photography for peeled magazine

The imagery displayed in this blog post are those which have been created by myself to feature in Peeled magazine. The first landscape was taken whilst I was walking up Snowdon,  the second and third were taken at Aldeburgh beach whilst the final three images were experiments I did as part of my research and development towards the final outcome for this project. The experiments were inspired by Li Elderkoort with her ‘bloom’ project alongside Beauty Papers magazine. I am pleased with the imagery I have documented here. I feel it reflects the messages and aesthetics Peeled is trying to portray, whilst being visually pleasing. I feel the landscapes reflect the lifestyle part of peeled magazine, whilst also helping to achieve the calm, tranquil and Swedish feel to the magazine. the experiments on the other hand, are quite thought provoking. I try to interpret the title ‘peeled’ on a deeper level symbolically. The use of layering on the skin was an approach I took to reflecting the message of – peeling away the layers, revealing the identity, the true person, the individual in their most raw and honest form – bare.