Hello from Nick – new LTA

Nick FeatherHello. My name is Nick Feather and I would like to introduce myself as the new Learning Technologies Adviser in the eLearning Team. I shall be based at Falmer campus alongside Fiona MacNeill and will be working with the Division of Medical Education, the School of Humanities and the Centre for Learning and Teaching to develop the application of technology in learning, teaching and research and to promote blended learning.

I previously worked for three-and-a-half years within the College of Arts and Humanities as mainly a web developer. During this time I dipped my toe into the waters of learning technology with a project to develop StudentFolio as a graduate profiling tool for Arts students. This brought me into contact with the eLearning Team and I very much look forward to being a fully paid up member (I believe that being a Dr. Who fan gets you half way there!).

Beyond my job I am interested in transmedia storytelling and creative technologies. I studied Architecture at uni and then filmmaking. Although a self-confessed tech-head, nothing beats watching some old school celluloid at the Duke’s in Brighton.

I have already met some of you and look forward to working with many of you in the future. (Helpful tip: I can usually be bribed with chocolate).

Best wishes,

Nick

1 Comment on “Hello from Nick – new LTA