Year three. Introduction to module.

After my first glance at the handbook previously before my first lesson, I found the handbook rather confusing.. The idea of having an independent project sounds exciting but in a way overwhelming, Coming up with a project with no prompt or theme provided by the tutors. But overall, I am excited as this sounds like a challenging year which I hope to be brought out my comfort zone and explore different challenges. By the end of this project, I hope to come up with a concept which I enjoy and am proud about whilst incorporating my interest into this project to make the project a bit more personal to myself.

The key areas that I am interested are filming, I really enjoyed experimenting with moving image for my editorial project in second year, creating a sequence of images to create tone and aesthetics was enjoyable to see a series of images come alive from the studio.

I am also interested in zines/magagzines, there’s so many areas that I could contribute into a magazine. From my experience with touching on personal events with editorial writing to overall creating photoshoots.

I also wouldn’t mind looking into brands and creating my own clothing brand for a certain audience, I enjoy making trend boards, creating logos and looking social media.

As you can see, I have many options and choices that i could look into. I think my next step would be to narrow down ideas and think of different concepts and how I could add them into my own project. I should also start creating mood boards and mind maps to keep my ideas, inspiration and concepts flowing.