portfolio- Designing My Business Cards

I designed three different business cards and experimented with layout, images, compostion and themes. For the front of the first business card i place a strong photograph from my recent works in the centre, leaving some space around the sizes as a white border and my name in a large font at the top of the card. I wanted to carry phone my theme of minial which i feel i excuted on my social media and website so my brand identity flowed. I use one image on the front of business card so if will give people a taste of my photographic style and skill but also not give away to much infomation and hopefully keep people wanting to see more.  For the back of the card i decided to design it landscape so the card would have to be flipped to be read. I kept the theme minimal but also kept the kodak portra theme from the image used on the front and photoshopped it as a border for the back of my business card. I like how this portrayed an element of my style of photography but also made my profession clear in a creative way. It also added some colour and exctiement to the business card. I like the way it cropped the important text on my card and gave the impression of a film camera. I then placed my logo and ‘photographer’ underneath in the centre of the page, aligning slightly more to the right. I purposely made my logo slightly larger so it was the main focus and made my name memorable. I think it is important to state your profession on your business card so people are clear of what field you work in.  I then added my contact details such as email, instagram, phone number and QR code of my website. The QR looks professional and enables people looking at my card to be interacive and quickly access a large variety of my work on their phones.

After designing my first business card i felt condient to practice making another one and to add some improvements. For my second business card i decided to kept the card in portrait as a lot of my work is photographed this way making it easier for my images to be viewed correctly. I deicded to use an image i felt was strong and also showed my street style photography and styling talents. For the back of the business card i kept it portrait and used another image from the same shoot to compliment the image of the front and show a different style such as close up portrait shot. I then cropped the image into a cirlce shape and placed my initals on top to add a interesting shape and creative elemet to my business card. it also makes the back of the busoness card look more excting and full. I then added my contact detail and professions. I also added theinstagram logo next to my account handle for people who may not be aware what social media it is for and a QR code in red for quick access to my website and to add more colour which compliments the images used. For this business card i woud print it with a glossy finish to the image is in good quality and the card has a professioanal, clean feel to it. 

For my final business card i wanted to add some more of my photography work so make the business card more visually striking and visual. To do this i added 4 images with kodak portra boarders onto a black background to appear as a film strip. I like how this allowed a variety of images to be seen at once and enable to showcase more than one of photographs at once. For the back of the business card i stuck of my originail theme of keeping it minimal and place my logo at the top and contact details at the bottom. I like how the white space in the middle kept the card minimal but still enable the card to have all the correct contact information i needed. I added a small tocu hof colour with the instagram symbol to and to indicate which social handle it was for and kept the QR code black to mathch the front fo the card.