Graduates 2023: Mercy Korang: Textiles

“I have acquired knowledge and skills in creating knitted fabrics and garments using multiple techniques.”

My project is entitled ‘ballet in motion’ . It is influenced by ballet movement and poses.

How have you found your course and what made you choose it?

I chose this course because of my interest in fabrics and clothing and so far, I have acquired knowledge and skills in creating knitted fabrics and garments using multiple techniques.

Was the location of your course in Brighton more important than you thought it would be?

I have always loved Brighton in general and thought it would be amazing to be here for university and it has.

What did you do on your placement year?

During my placement year, I worked in two places here in Brighton and volunteered for an event in London later in the summer . Both places were small businesses owned by graduates of Brighton who had been on the same course as I am. I performed tasks such as controlling social media content, creating digital and physical products for the brand and many other small creative tasks.

I plan to work as a freelancer after I graduate, providing samples for businesses through agencies.

If you could give you 16 year old self any advice about going to University what would it be?

If I could give my 16-year-old self-advice about university,  I will tell her to go for it as there is more, I have learnt and known through the 4 years I have spent during the course.

Follow Mercy on Instagram

Find out more about BA(Hons) Textiles Design with Business Studies

Watch out for news about the Graduate Summer Show

Follow the Brighton Summer Shows on Instagram