Sometimes it is necessary to batch enrol a number of users onto a studentcentral course or module area. These instructions show you how to do this.
Part 1: Fill in the template spreadsheet
The spreadsheet template can be found here: batchenroltemplate
Fill in Column A with the required usernames (max. 500 users per spreadsheet)
- Ensure each user has a ‘1’ entered for Columns B, C and E.
- Leave Column D blank
- Column F defines the role, either a S (student) or P (instructor)
- When complete, save the file as a .csv file to your computer and close the spreadsheet
Part 2: Upload to studentcentral
Navigate to your desired study area on studentcentral
- Go to Control panel > users and groups > users
- Click Batch Enrol (top right of the screen)
- Click Browse My Computer and select the file you created.
- Click Open
- Click Submit
- You will now see a Please Wait message displayed, which may take a few minutes
- You will then see a confirmation screen. Any errors will be shown in red. These may include
- System unable to find a particular username
- User account as been disabled, which prevents you enrolling them
- User account has already been added to the area.