Family portraits

After inspiration from Sally Mann, I decided to practise taking my own Portrait pictures of my family. These photos are Portrait pictures I have taken of my Sisters. I tried to capture natural photos of them going about their business in and around our home and in Bristol. My family are a very important part of my sense of place as home would be a very different place without them. I have grown up making memories with my siblings which is why I want to capture them in my project. I particularly like the picture of my sister with her face mask on as she is very natural looking and caught in the moment.

l

I also like the below photos, meeting a new family member. I feel it represents those feelings of love and protection towards family members, and you can see that expressed through my sisters facial expressions in the photos.

I also love spending time with my friends from home as they are also part of my sense of place in Bristol. My experience of home and my love for it wouldn’t be the same without my friends and family who I have made the memories with.