03/03/18 FMP Journal

(posted a month late, in April oops: but I wrote this in May!)

03/03/18

FMP Journal

So far, my FMP is going well, I have completed 1 photoshoot, and have 3 more planned in the coming week. I’ve been very busy the last 2 weeks focusing on organising the Dukes Lane pop-up, and so my FMP has taken a backseat, I have however gone through my sketchbook with a fine tooth comb, organising my work, images (and mind) so I can see clearly what I need to work on next, if I have left any obvious gaps in annotation, and just a general tidy up of my book. Althrough tedious I find this stage very important for my working style, as it’s a stop off point, to reavaluate where I’m at, and to check in that so far my research and development makes sense from an outside viewpoint, Its easy to forget that all the thinking done around an idea, needs to written down, or else theres no evidence of my thought path, and the thinking which led me to my final pieces.

Currently, I have set out what I plan my final outcomes to be: a series of photoshoots, based on the the aesthetics and emotions of my research, and a Mars journey amenity kit, with various objects inside, all somehow ‘important’ for the hypothetical journey to Mars I am exploring. A treasure box in some way. My next step is to start making these objects, thinking about what these objects will be, and how they will look and work. Alongside continuing to complete the photoshoots I have planned.