Education studies and teaching courses at Brighton news

Communication, Learning and Autism Support Service Training Course

The University of Brighton are working with East Sussex County Council (ESCC) and their Specialist Communication Learning and Autism Support Service to design courses relevant to Teachers and TAs which also carry academic credits.

The Speech, Language and Communication Training takes place over the course of the academic year 2016-17, commencing in September, with 5 ½ days of attendance at the Hailsham East Children’s Centre. Teaching takes place on Wednesdays during the autumn term.

Entry to the course is suitable for Teachers and TAs who are working directly with pupils who have an identified Language and Communication Difficulty.

To apply for this course please contact the CLASS office:
Email: class@eastsussex.gov.uk
Phone: 01273 336887

The closing date to apply for this course is 21st July.

Full details about the course and fees are available via the Communication, Learning and Autism Support Service Training Course information form.

‘M described this as the best course she has ever done. We are more confident with referring children to SALT, putting intervention in and tracking progress’ SENCO

‘I have thoroughly enjoyed the course and found the content both stimulating and rewarding when put in to practice. It has given me a better grounding in my theoretical knowledge to back up my practice, which has changed the way I work with the children at my school.’

Christina Camm • July 7, 2016