EGON SCHIELE

EGON SCHIELE

I am a huge fan of Egon Schiele, and since I went to his country, I should visit the museums for his works, shouldn’t I?

I went to Leopold museum, which is well known for its massive collection of Schiele’s works, and Albertina museum, which were having the special exhibition.

I have done few sketches on my sketch book, and it was the most pleasant time throughout the journey.

This one probably is my favourite painting. It has got the neutral background colour, which made the painting look more sophisticated. Also that rough texture is so amazing.

He also has done some landscapes. It was really interesting to see that even in those landscapes, you can capture that Schiele’s signature style. Those colour pallets reminds me of Gustav Klimt, who was Shiele’s teacher.

Most people read this image as the transition of his early paintings and later paintings.

He has tried a variety of materials, pencils, pens, ink and brushes, watercolours, oil pastels, and oil colours. However, he didn’t loose his signature painting style. When I try different materials, I always find it difficult to keep my own style, because I just struggle with the new materials. I should be more experimental and experience more.