THE CLAY JOURNEY PACKAGE

THE CLAY JOURNEY PACKAGE

I always wanted to try the clay, but it was a bit scary to start. I haven’t done any 3D artworks, and I know they take quite a lot of time, I couldn’t even think of doing it as my project.

However, this project was like, experience and experiment as much as you can, so I started to make some figures, which are related with journey.

After making the figures with the clay, I put them for one night to dry. Then, I used the Acrylic colours to paint them.

I made a cat, a plant in a pot, a camera, a diary, a pencil, a suitcase, a shirt, jeans, a toothpaste, and a toothbrush.

It was a lot easier to make the plant than the cat. I don’t like the look of the cat that much. It was really hard to paint them as well, the Acrylic colour dried to quickly so the brush when quite hard, which made it difficult to put the colours exactly where I wanted them to be.

I was thinking, what should I make? There was one option on the list, ‘good things come in small [or large] packages’ – ‘Package your Journeys’. It is quite obvious that it means pack the whole journey, but I just wanted to make the suitcase full of the things that I would like to carry for my journey.

It reminded me of the art class in my primary school.